Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Observation day :) 4/4

Today I did a lot of watching! It was a nice change to actually sit back and watch for the day! I got to the PLC and the class was having "conflict management" class. A lady had come to the class with her materials.  I walked in after they had started, but Mr. Piazza pulled up a chair for me to sit in. It appeared she had told the class some strategies to solve conflict in a positive way, and had handed them scenes on a piece of paper to act out. The different groups were pretty involved. They were enthusiastic for the most part, but they were embarrassed at first. They encouraged the students to be realistic and said they could cuss if necessary. So they did. haha :) I really enjoyed watching the class participate and get to move around and do some group work. After this, Tangela told me that she was invited to participate in this study that UGA students were doing and Mr. Piazza said that it would be good if I went and checked out what it was they were doing. I am so glad that I did! The UGA students were great with the PLC students and were very friendly. They explained that they were marketing students and that they were going to try and improve the brand of the school. They started off with a fun game where they threw around a soccer ball that they had written questions on. When you caught the ball you had to answer the question that your right thumb was on. They answered questions like "What was your favorite song from the 90's" and "What was your first pet?" I thought it was a nice ice breaker and the PLC students were laughing and having a good time. It was refreshing to see some UGA students who aren't in the field of education, but still notice how interesting the PLC is and want to volunteer there. I had a great day observing at my happy place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment